Named best commercial product at SCAA 2013, the Baratza Forte AP Grinder deftly transitions from coarser drip grinds to fine espresso grinds with precision. The Forte AP offers an upgraded motor with 70% more power and an improved touch screen display, all housed in a sleek metal case. And, with 10 macro settings and 26 micro settings, the Forte ensures you can dial in even the most finicky of shots.
This commercial grade machine is perfect for the coffee enthusiast or cafe that can't commit to just one prep. From espresso to pour overs, with the option to grind into a container or use the portaholder, the Forte AP has all your caffeine desires covered.
Features and Functionality
- 54mm Ceramic Flat Burrs - These burrs are built to last. Ceramic burrs have a longer shelf life than metal burrs and prevent heat transfer, which can damage a bean's flavor profile.
- Weight Based Dosing - Set the weight of your desired ground coffee to more or less than 0.2g and the Forte AP will weigh the ground coffee while grinding, then stop automatically when it reaches your desired weight.
- Strong and Silent Motor - The high-torque motor is 70% more powerful than the Vario's while rotating more slowly to prevent heat transfer to the grounds. The circuitry is equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
- Backlit Screen - The touch LCD display is easy to read and intuitive to program.
- Programming - Features three, user-programmable settings based on weight (+/- .1 gram) or time (+/- .1 sec).
- Portafilter Holder - This model comes equipped with a portafilter holder for hands free grinding. The Forte AP also includes an 8 oz grounds bin.
|How Does it Compare?||The Forte is Baratza's beefiest grinder to date - 230 programmable settings, built-in dosing by weight or time, and an improved hopper make it a smart choice for cafes and discerning home users. Available with flat steel or ceramic burrs.|
|Tips and Tricks||When cleaning the Forte Grinder, we do not recommend turing this grinder upside down to knock out loose grinds. Turning the Forte grinder upside down may upset the calibration, resulting in a broken grinder.|
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Model Number||Forte - Ceramic Burr|
|Height||14.2 inches with hopper|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||13.0000|
|RPM of Burrs||1950|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 oz.|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Ceramic|
|Burr Diameter||54 mm|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||Both Timer & On/Off Switch|
|Material||Metal and Plastic|